Where is it perfect to give an engagement ring or a Diamond Initial Pendant perhaps?
Why, the World Pyro Olympics, of course! And it's happening at The Fort Open grounds, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig every Saturday starting Nov. 21 to Dec. 19. Tickets cost P200 now though (when it started, it only cost P10 back in 2005) and may be bought at Ticketworld *SM Department Stores, Robinsons Department Stores, National Bookstores (Call 891 9999).
But that's not all. There's also a Photo Festival for all photography enthusiasts. Details are as follows:
WPO 2009 PHOTO FESTIVAL – Capturing the art of fireworks!
The 2009 World Pyro Olympics will be a more explosive, more spectacular experience!
It will be the country's first pyromusical competition at the Bonifacio Global City, Taguig.
The world's best teams will showcase their artistry and technical skill by shooting dazzling fireworks synchronized with musical scores. The competition's new venue, a departure from the past years' water-based firing, will allow for more creativity and versatility in the use of ground level and special effects.
With this new firing base, the 2009 World Pyro Olympics present more challenges to photographers – to portray the magnificent moments of each country’s presentation from the ground up.
So, experience the art and culture of pyro and music – capture its pageantry and win big, because over P100,000.00 worth of prizes await you!
The WPO 2009 Photo Festival is a photo contest open to anyone who wants to join using point and shoot or DSLR cameras (except phone cameras).
The photo competition will cover the five (5) Saturdays of the event starting November 21 to December 19, 2009.
How to join
1. The contest is open to all (students, amateurs and professionals.) legal age individuals.
2. Interested parties may register by any of the following:
>Download a registration form from WPO 2009 website.
>Register at WPO 2009 Photo Festival secretariat at the venue.
2. Pay the Registration Fee to be able to join.
>P400 per person inclusive of entrance ticket to the general viewing area for one (1) night.
>P600.00 per person inclusive of entrance ticket to the special viewing area for one (1) night.
This allows the contestant to submit a maximum of three (3) entries for the event.
Secure ACCESS ID at the WPO Photo Festival Exhibit area.
1. A registrant may submit as much as three (3) entries.
2. All entries must be printed in 8”x12” full color - bleed format; prints with borders or framings are automatically disqualified.
3. Each entry must be labeled with the contestant’s name, registration number and entry title at the back. This information must be printed on a 3”x6” white paper and not written directly at the back of the print.
4. Manually retouched and/or painted over print outputs are not acceptable.
5. 300dpi per entry is the acceptable format.
6. For uploading purposes, the maximum is 4 Mb file size saved as JPEG per entry and only allow untouched/unedited entries, limiting photo/traditional editing to resizing are acceptable.
7. Prints and files not in this format will be disqualified from the competition.
8. Submit all printed entries in one (1) brown envelope together with the file saved in CD. Label the envelope with the Registrant’s Name and Registration Number.
9. Entries must be submitted Monday to Saturday December 21, 2009. Deadline for submission is January 4, 2010.
Prizes and Awarding
1. P10,000.00 – 2nd Runner Up
2. P20,000.00 – 1st Runner Up
3. P50,000.00 – Grand Prize Winner
4. Travel Workshop w/ George Tapan – Online Winner (all expense paid)
Winners will be awarded on the opening of the 2009 WPO PHOTO FESTIVAL EXHIBIT in one of the Ayala Malls.
For inquiries / registration and payments, please call:
Danica Macam or Kathleen Olarte at 401-3733 / 729-4013 / 887-3803
3/F - Building 1269, Batangas Street, San Isidro, Makati City